Random tagline

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Match Made in Heaven

For all you math lovers out there, let me start out with some simple algebra. If x=a and y=a, then x+y=2a, right? Where am I going with this? Well, let's see a real world example. Using this logic, it should be safe to say that if pizza=awesome and cheeseburger=awesome, then pizza+cheeseburger=double the awesomeness.

Yes, the cheeseburger pizza is indeed supremely awesome. Even more so, since technically what I made was a bacon cheeseburger pizza. After trying it once, I'm definitely going to make it again. And again. But how does one go about making a cheeseburger pizza? Well, I'm glad you asked!

First, get a regular 12" pizza shell. Second, spread on a mixture of about ⅓ cup pizza sauce and ½ cup ketchup. Then, get ½ lb of ground beef and a chopped onion and brown them on the stove. When that's done and you've drained any grease, spread it all around over the sauce.

Next, shred about 1 cup each of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, mix them up nicely and add it to the pizza. On top of that, add a chopped up tomato, some sliced up pickles and a few slices of bacon that you've cooked and chopped up or crumbled.

Finally, cook it in the oven. For me, it was about 8 minutes at 425°F, but if your pizza shell includes suggested cooking directions it's probably best to go with them. You wouldn't want to burn the crust or have it get too crunchy.

I think I can say with absolute certainty that this is the best pizza I've ever made, although the “BBQ Chicken with Spicy Banana Peppers” one I made a few months back was very good too. But maybe next time I'll make something more traditional, like ham and pineapple. I'm sure as Easter draws near, ham will go on sale so that will be a great time to make one. But as long as it's a pizza, that's what really matters, no matter what kind it is. Remember, pizza=awesome, after all!

No comments: