Random tagline

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Kitten's Yarn

Twas the day after Christmas and back in the barn,
A cute little kitten was playing with yarn.
“I am so happy, as happy can be,
For Santa brought a ball of yarn just for me!”

It chased that yarn ball as it rolled cross the floor,
And batted it 'round then chased it some more.
Until as it rolled it got stuck on a nail
And that little kitten, it started to wail,

“Oh no, my poor yarn ball! It won't roll around!
It now only sits there attached to the ground!
Is there not someone here to help me out?”
Then, in the corner, continued to pout.

It just so happens, right then I walked by
And paused as my ears caught the poor kitten's cry.
I'm a sucker for kittens, in distress or not,
So I sped up walking to almost a trot

And entered that barn so the scene I could spy,
Which was so sad it brought a tear to my eye.
So sad and forlorn was that little cat!
I walked over and gave it's small head a pat

Then I noticed the yarn ball that started this mess
And pulled it off the nail with much finesse.
But the nail was still there so lickety split
I found some stuff that worked well to cover it.

In front of the kitten I put the ball down
And almost instantly that kitten's frown
Was turned to a smile as it's heart filled with glee.
“I have my yarn ball back! Hooray! Whoopee!”

As I walked away with a smile on my face
I vowed I would soon voyage back to that place
And visit the kitten with the ball of yarn,
Which was happily playing out back in the barn.

No comments: