Random tagline

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cleanest Shop in BC

As I drive around town, a particular tattoo parlour has caught my eye a few times. The reason is that, in addition to their other selling points listed, their sign outside advertises them as being the cleanest shop in BC.

I already have absolutely no desire to get a tattoo. Even if you offered to pay me I would still refuse (well, unless it was a very large sum of money, and it would need to be a very small tattoo somewhere like my ankle). And seeing a sign like that reduces that desire even further, if that was even possible. I mean, what kind of places advertise how clean they are? That's pretty pathetic if one of their drawing points is that they're clean.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing that this tattoo parlour is clean, just that it reflects poorly on the industry as a whole when being clean is advertised as a benefit of this particular shop. Imagine if restaurants put signs outside saying, “Eat here. Our kitchen is clean!” Or butcher shops advertising, “Our butchers still have all their fingers!”

No comments: