Random tagline

Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Calendar Time!

Well it's getting close to the end of January, so I figured it was time to finally buy a 2011 calendar. I got a nice, big one with great photographs from the Canadian Rockies, for only $4. I was really tempted by one with hamsters or another, titled The Cutest Kittens in the World, both of which were only $2.50 each, but when it comes to wall calendars I prefer nature scenery.

To be honest, I don't understand why so many people buy their calendars early, while they're still full price. Unless it's your first year ever purchasing a calendar, you have to know that the longer you wait, the cheaper they get. Even back in the last couple weeks of December, they were already starting to be marked down 50%. Now, most places have them down to 75% off or even more.

Maybe most people are just more picky than I am? I guess if you absolutely had to have that calendar with pictures of your favourite movie star, shots from a TV show or works by your favourite artist, you'd need to act before it was all sold out. But a lot of people just go to the calendar rack and browse the available selection for one with nice pictures that they like, and buy it.

Some years, I didn't even have to buy a calendar as I got a great one from one of the vendors I deal with for work. But I haven't ordered anything from them in several months so there was no shipment in which to include a calendar, so I didn't get one this year. And another vendor which sends us their calendar yearly, only makes desk calendars which I don't care for. My desk is cluttered enough already, without a calendar taking up space on it. Wall calendars hang up nicely out of the way. Plus, the pictures are considerably bigger.

The downside of waiting this long is that I will only get to see this great picture of Mount Robson for a week or so (depending on when in February I remember to flip the page). But there are still 11 more amazing photos to look at throughout the year, and I'll get to see December's one for at least a month and a half. Because you know I won't get around to replacing it until mid to late January 2012...

No comments: